Best Punching Bag For Kids – Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
Welcome to the comprehensive guide to getting the best punching bag for your kids. We have hand picked some of the top products of good quality to help you figure out what to get for them.
- What To Look For In a Kid’s Punching Bag
- Types of Punching Bags
- Top 6 Best Punching Bags For Kids
- 1) Century Kid Kick Wavemaster (Ages 9-11)
- 2) TKO 4 Piece All Purpose Heavy Bag Set for Children (Ages 8-12)
- 3) Tech Tools Punching Ball with Stand and Gloves – Height Adjustable (Ages 8-13)
- 4) Big Time Toys Socker Bopper Power Bag (Ages 4-8)
- 5) Harvil Kids Boxing Set (Ages 10-14)
- 6) Liberty Imports Pirate Knock Out Boxing Set for Kids with 20″ Punching Bag and Padded Boxing Gloves (Ages 4-8)
- Why Get Punching Bags For Your Kids?
What To Look For In a Kid’s Punching Bag
A punching bag is basically a sturdy bay that is used for various activities including stress relief, strength training or simple physical exercise. While it may seem like every other punching bag will do the job, the truth is that not all punching bags are created equal. You can only get the best out of a punching bag only if you know what to look out for. So here is what to check out for while choosing the best punching bag for your kids;
The weight of the punching bag is very key. You need something that will be within your kid’s weight recommendation. Go for something that is light enough to move about as it is punched to encourage your kids. On the other hand, you don’t want it too light to swing about more than is necessary.
The size of the bag matters. You don’t want something that is too big for the kinds and on the other hand, you don’t want something that your kids will quickly outgrow. You should go for a bag that will be useful when the kids are stronger and taller.
Price is another important consideration before choosing a bag. Remember that this is not a long-term investment, therefore, you don’t have to break the bank for it.
Types of Punching Bags
There are various types of ids punching bags. These include;
1 – Punching Ball
This is usually an inflatable ball or a heavy ball attached on top of a flexible pole. These bags come in different designs and adjustable poles.
2 – Inflatable Punching Bag
Inflatable punching bags usually come in fancy colors and designs. They are three dimensional and have a very stable base which ensures that they bounce back every time they are punched.
3 – Sandbag
The kid’s punching bag is identical to the usual adult punching bag. The only difference is that the kid’s version is a bit smaller. This can be hanged overhead for use.
Training with this kind of punch bag helps with reflex and footwork which is great to ensure your kid is able to move without weaving. The only down side is that you will need bigger space and a ceiling mount to set it up.
4 – Free Standing
Free standing bags don’t need to be hanged. They can stand by themselves on the floor without any external support. This bag is cool in that it doesn’t need ceiling mountings and works well in limited spaces since it can be conveniently be stored away.
Usually, the base of the bag is filled with water to prevent it from topping over. There are various types of free-standing bags that take the shape of a human or an animal which can be fun to have for the kids.
When choosing a kids punching bag, you need to ensure that the material is durable. Don’t underestimate your kids since they can be really strong and they need something that can withstand the bashing coming from them. Pure leather bags are much more durable, easy to clean and offer a proper surface to punch.
You need to ensure that the material you choose adds to the overall effectiveness of the implement. You need to ensure that what you buy is able to add to your kid’s coordination, strength, and agility
You cannot talk about boxing without mentioning boxing gloves. For your kid to get the best out of the kid’s punching bag you need to ensure that they have the best gloves. A good clove is one that is made from durable material, is well fitting and comfortable to wear.
Top 6 Best Punching Bags For Kids
1) Century Kid Kick Wavemaster (Ages 9-11)
- Great for introducing kids to boxing, kickboxing, karate and other martial arts
- Durable nylon covers high impact foam
- Low profile base fills with sand or water; unit weighs approximately 170 pounds when filled
- Four height adjustments
- One year limited warranty; made in USA
This US made product is one of the best punching bag for kids who want to get started with boxing. In addition to boxing, it can be used to learn kick boxing and other kinds of martial arts. The bag does not come with boxing gloves, probably because it is designed for both punching and kicking.
The base can be filled with either sand or water; in which case the Kid Kick Wavemaster will reach a weight of 117 pounds from a weight of just 15.9 pounds. This base features a rounded design which makes it easy to move around since it can be rolled to a new location.
The bag is appropriate for kids of between 9 and 11 years as it also comes with four different height adjustments. This punching bag also measures 38.4 by 22 by 22 inches. The manufacturer has also thoughtfully put a logo on the front that can be used for target practice.
Finally, the punching bag is also quite durable as it is made of high quality nylon and high impact foam. In fact, it even comes with a limited 1 year warranty.
2) TKO 4 Piece All Purpose Heavy Bag Set for Children (Ages 8-12)
- VALUABLE AND VERSATILE TEACHING TOOL - This sports equipment is a great investment because it is not solely for recreational purposes; it can also aid in teaching your kids different skills such as physical coordination and discipline. Boxing can also help strengthen their body. Boxing bag dimensions: 25 L x 24 W inches; Boxing gloves weight: 6 ounces.
- COMPLETE EQUIPMENT - This boxing set for kids comes with a 25-pound canvas boxing bag, a pair of youth size 6-ounce boxing gloves, and an 8-foot long adjustable skip rope.
- KID-FRIENDLY AND FUN - You can just imagine the excitement and fun this new TKO sports equipment will bring to your kids. The boxing set is recommended for kids ages 4 and up.
- CEILING ATTACHMENT AND HARDWARE - Hang the punching bag to give your little one easier access to it with the free ceiling attachment and hardware included in the package. No need to hold onto it as they play or buy a base to keep it standing upright.
- THE DAZADI MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - Your product will arrive with all the necessary parts, without defect and/or shipping damage. Well ship new replacement parts or an entire replacement table for free. If you still arent satisfied, well give you a full refund. All our items ship for free to your door, but we also offer in-home delivery and assembly for an added fee. During the 1-year warranty period, we shall repair or replace defective parts at no cost to the purchaser.
This boxing bag will not just help your kids learn to box, it will help them master skills such as coordination and discipline. Therefore, the bag can be used by novices for fun, but more advanced young boxers can also use it to refine their boxing skills.
The bag set is therefore most appropriate for kids of between 8 and 12 years. In fact, kids as young as 4 years of age can have some use for this bag, even if just for fun.
Being a four piece bag set, the TKO bag comes with gloves in addition to a skipping rope and a ceiling attachment hardware.
This canvas boxing bag weighs 25 pounds; and it measures 25 by 24 inches. The children-sized gloves weigh 6 ounces, and the adjustable rope is 8-feet long. The bag also comes with a 1 year warranty.
3) Tech Tools Punching Ball with Stand and Gloves – Height Adjustable (Ages 8-13)
- GOES BACK IN PLACE ALL BY ITSELF The spring mounted stand returns the punching ball to you after it's hit and is much safer than a swinging bag
- BUILD SKILLS & HAVE FUN The punching ball can provide hours of entertainment and will raise the heart rate to give a kid a great workout! The bag also helps to build timing and speed. Plus, it improves hand-eye coordination
- EVERYTHING'S INCLUDED! With this offer, you get the punching ball, the stand and a pair of children's size boxing gloves
- SO EASY TO USE You can get the punching ball inflated in no time, and the stand assembles in just minutes
- NOT JUST FOR KIDS The punching ball stand is height adjustable from 35 inches to 50 inches, so it's perfect for kids aged 6 and up as well as for adults
This is a great starter punching bag for kids since it has an adjustable height and is moderately priced.
This spring mounted boxing ball is appropriate both for kids in need of refining their boxing skills and those who want to take up boxing just for the fun of it. In addition to letting them enjoy the fun of boxing, the kids can also build hand-eye coordination and timing skills.
The ball is spring mounted, which is why it will go back to its position after every punch; which makes is a little safer than a regular punching bag. This punching ball is ideal for kids of between 8 and 13 years of age; and it also comes with a pair of children-sized boxing gloves. A stand is also included.
The ball can be adjusted to height positions of between 35 and 50 inches. It is also easy to inflate, and it is made of a soft durable material. The product weighs 4.9 pounds.
4) Big Time Toys Socker Bopper Power Bag (Ages 4-8)
- TOTALLY SAFE: This Power Bag is weighted at the bottom and inflated with air. It won't hurt them while knocking around and is soft on their hands while hitting. You don't have to worry about it falling over, either, because it always bounces back!
- BOOM, POW, BAM: Bop the Socker Bopper Power Bag. It bounces back fast. The world's fastest bounce-back action. Made of Heavy Duty Vinyl. It is air-inflated for soft, safe fun
- SELF DEFENSE: It's good for your child to know how to keep themselves safe in a situation where you might not be there. Start them out early with the Socker Bopper Power Bag and by the time they're adults, they'll be able to protect themselves and others.
- CATHARTIC RELEASE: This is also a great toy for channeling behavior that you wouldn't want them using on the playground. Giving your child an innocent and comfortable space to release their emotions is key to healthy living and development.
- PHYSICAL FUN: Pull those kids away from the TV and the tablets and get them doing more physical activity. Keep them strong and healthy by giving them toys like the Socker Bopper Power Bag which is both exciting and exercising!
This is a great option for a cheap punching bag for younger kids. It is easy to set up and move out of the way.
This is a fun bag that kids can punch and kick. The bag comes with bright colors that should get kids of between 4 and 8, for which the bag is intended, interested in the many benefits it has to offer. For instance, kids can learn self-defense skills using this bag, and also improve their fitness and coordination considerably.
The bag is weighted at the bottom, and it is filled with air so that it cannot cause harm during use. It also bounces back fast, while still remaining safe; and the speed at which this happens can be adjusted as appropriate to the user using depending on the amount of water and sand in the base.
The bag is made of durable heavy duty vinyl. When inflated, it reaches heights of 42 inches. It is 19 inches wide, and weighs 1.12 pounds.
5) Harvil Kids Boxing Set (Ages 10-14)
- GREAT STARTER SET FOR KIDS - This Harvil Kids Boxing Set is perfect for play time and exercise to help strengthen the body while having fun. Boxing Bag Diameter: 11 inches / Boxing Bag Length: 25 inches / Boxing Glove Weight: 6 ounces / Recommended for Kids Age 4 and up.
- PACKED WITH COMPLETE ACCESSORIES - Kids will definitely enjoy this fun boxing set that comes with a heavy-duty 25-pound punching bag made with fabric stuffing, a pair of gloves with Velcro for easy wrist adjustment, and 8-foot long adjustable jump rope.
- EASY CEILING ATTACHMENT - Adults should hang this boxing bag securely with the provided durable 12-inch long hanging chain with a heavy gauge welded D-ring from a height that kids will comfortably reach.
- DAZADI MONEY BACK GUARANTEE and WARRANTY - Your item will arrive with all the necessary parts, without defect and/or shipping damage. Well ship new replacement parts or an entirely new table for free in the event of defect or damage. If you still arent satisfied, youll get a full refund. All our items ship for free to your door, but we also offer in-home delivery and assembly for an added fee. In the 90-day warranty period, we will repair or replace defective parts at no cost to the purchaser.
The punching bag is ideal for kids aged between 10 and 14 who want to have fun and build strength and fitness. The bag is made of fabric stuffing that makes this bag idea for both serious young boxers and novice boxers who want to have enjoy themselves.
This kids boxing set consists of a pair of 6 ounce kid-sized gloves, a ceiling attachment, hanging chain, and an 8-feet adjustable skip rope. The gloves have velcro straps, while the hanging chain has a heavy gauge welded D-ring. The bag measures 11 by 25 inches and it weighs 25 pounds.
A guarantee is also provided on the product in case you run into any issues once you receive your order. But generally speaking, the bag is very durable, and it should provide a long life of service and true value for money.
6) Liberty Imports Pirate Knock Out Boxing Set for Kids with 20″ Punching Bag and Padded Boxing Gloves (Ages 4-8)
- Cool pirate crossbones punching bag
- Punching bag stands 20" tall, weighs over 2 pounts, and includes 10" hanging rope
- Padded boxing gloves with velcro strap will comfortably fit any kid's hands
- Soft and sturdy construction
- Your chance to knock-out Jolly Roger!
Kids love cool things. Therefore, this boxing set, consisting of a bag a set of gloves will be the perfect way to get your kid interested in boxing. The bag is soft, and yet very sturdy, which should make it fun for kids looking to have fun and build their punching skills painlessly.
This bag is intended for kids of ages of between 4 and 8 years. In fact, the manufacturer claims that the bag can be used by kids of even 3 years of age. Adult supervision would be necessary in such circumstances, however.
The highlight of this punching bag’s design is the cool pirate crossbones that can be used for target punches and kicks. Few thing should motivate your kid to keep punching as much as this symbol does.
The punching bag is 20 inches tall, and it weighs 2.5 pounds. Included is a pair of padded gloves with velcro straps and a 10 inch hanging rope. The adjustable velcro straps on the bag make it adjustable so that it can be suited to various kid hand sizes.
Finally, the bag is made of high quality materials; which is why it will provide a long life of service to kids with its intended age range.
Why Get Punching Bags For Your Kids?
There is something that is universally true about kids when they are growing up; they have lots of energy. Kids are quite hyperactive and it goes without saying that most of us can’t keep up with their need to play. In that light, it is important that parents don’t compromise on this special process of their growth and development process by ensuring they have play items that will give them fun times while at the same time achieving growth.
You may be asking why get punching bags for kids? By getting a punch bag, you ensure that your kids will have awesome exercise and good fun walloping the punch bags.
Benefits of Punching Bags
There are various benefits that kids enjoy by using punching bags. Some of them are;
1. Stress Relief
Kids can relieve stress using punching bags since unknown to many of us, children accumulate a lot of stress and emotional baggage while growing up. Hitting the punching bag meant for them is a channel for releasing stress.
2. Strength building
Hitting the punching bag for kids can help them build strength in their little developing muscles. The activity also ensures that bones develop strong.
3. Better balance and coordination
When using a kid’s punching bag, children learn eye, hand and feet coordination. This gives them better control of their limbs and ensures an overall better balance to life. A better balance and coordination for your kids means less falls and injuries for them as they go about their day.
4. Better and faster reflexes
Kicking and boxing at bag help kids have faster reflexes. This is because the sport needs the kid to be constantly alert and respond to the activity around them.
5. Developed confidence and focus
Boxing will not only boost a kid’s confidence but also their determination and focus. This focus can be beneficial when it comes to learning through reading and listening.
Let’s face it, the world has become a rough place and kids are not spared from the chaos and attacks from the various quarters. It is important to ensure that your kid can stand up for themselves whenever necessary. We aren’t advocating for violence but a disciplined capacity for your kid to be able to be safe in a chaotic society filled with bullies, pedophiles and so forth.
How Heavy Should It Be?
The general rule to follow is this. The younger the kid, the lighter it should be.
Which Type of Punching Bag Is Suitable For My Kid?
This question will depend on some factors. If your child is between the age of 4-8, I would recommend the lightweight inflatable punch bags as it is easy to move it around. That means your kids can play it any time and you can pack them away when they are done.